August 28, 2008

School's Back in and Mom is Down

I was so excited Tuesday morning. I dropped off the girls at school and went straight to the gym to start shedding my summertime pounds. I had a great work out. I was off to a great start. On the way home from they gym, I decided to save time and gas by stopping at the grocery store to pick up a few things.

Everything was great until I could not see the price of the bulk-sized bag of lettuce hidden behind a display. I refused to pay $4 for a half a bag of lettuce. So, as I leaned slightly forward to peer behind the display hiding the price of the larger bag, my back snapped! I almost landed on my knees on the way down, but caught myself. I was shocked and in severe pain. It took all of my strength to make it to the check out stand. I will spare you the details of how long it took me to crawl into my SUV and drive home.

Now, I'm laid up for Labor Day Weekend. We are supposed to go canoe camping with 3 other families. Isn't that perfect? I did not realize that every movement involves the spine. The smallest movements are so painful. My family did not realize how much I do for them. They are helping out, but I can see my husband becoming anxious for my rapid recovery.

No comments: