August 05, 2008

Summertime Weight Gain & Dancing With the Stars

Well, school got out about 2 months ago and I have only been able to get to the gym literally a handful of times. My big plan to go to the gym every morning from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. while the girls were at swim practice backfired as they have barely gone to swim practice all summer. And if one child actually managed to roll out of bed in time to jump into a pool full of frigid water, the other child either would not or could not get out of bed.

Needless to say, I have gained at least 6 pounds since my kids have been home. I actually broke down and ordered an exercise program I saw on TV called Core Rhythm. I recall dancing myself thin way back in 6th grade before jazzercise had ever been invented, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I've been anxiously awaiting the upgraded program. Yep! I got suckered into the upgrade. I hate when that happens! You'd think that for over $150 they could deliver in a week's time. It has not arrived and I ordered it 9 days ago. Yesterday I sent an email to Core Rhythms asking for the status of my shipment. Twenty four hours later, I have not received an answer. So, today I picked up the phone and dialed what I hope was a toll free number. The recording informed me that they just processed my credit card payment yesterday! So far, I am not impressed with their efficiency.

I'll let you know whether it works or not. At this rate, the kids will be back in school by the time it arrives!:{ I actually thought my girls might get something out of it. They refuse to take dance classes, but seem to really enjoy dancing. So, now if it would just arrive, I can get to work!

No comments: