July 29, 2008

The Sandwiched Frazzled Mommy

Wow! Who would have signed up for this job knowing the job description going in? Not many, that's for sure! If you are anything like me, you are really feeling the squeeze between kids, aging parents, and a failing economy. While this is not a political sight, I have to say that I have never been so frightened about the future in all my 44 years on this planet. And that includes growing up with images of the Vietnam War, the prospect of Nuclear Annihilation during the Cold War, and now the War on Terror!

No matter how you look at it, or spin it for that matter, we mommies have a daunting task ahead of us. Add to that our aging bodies. Let's face it, Mother Nature (another FRAZZLED MOMMY) is now doing a number on us that has most of us in a tailspin. I am now packing on the pounds, while my Frazzled Daddy husband is losing weight without even trying! It just isn't fair, but if we ban together and support each other, this too shall pass.

No comments: